If you’re worried that you can’t promote your business online because it’s a brick-and-mortar business, then quit worrying. The truth is, you can promote any kind of business online, if you have a strategy for how to be effective.
There are several strategies of online promotion that are easily accessible to any type of business.
Here are our top 7 tactics for promoting your brick-and-mortar business online:
- Press release distribution – Have something newsworthy in your business to talk about? Write a press release and distribute it online to services like PRWeb.
- Business branding pages – Most social networking sites that allow you to set up a business branding page allow you to brand your business page consistent with your business website.
- Your blog – Every business has valuable advice and resources to share with their audience to educate and inform – which are great pre-cursors to getting the sale.
- Event apps – Facebook, Google+, and other social media websites have Events apps where you can promote your events. You don’t have to be an online business to do so.
- Google+ Local – Local businesses can list their businesses in Google+ Local and Bing Local, which is beneficial as potential customers will find you in local search engine results.
- QR Codes – You can put one of these funny looking images in your store window that allows smart phone users to scan it and visit your website or other online sales page, helping to build connections with your customers.
- Forums – Posting in online forums with a link back to your website helps to establish your expertise online as you answer questions about your area of specialty.
There are other ways to promote a brick-and-mortar business online – these are just a few of our favorites for you to consider as you create your online marketing plan for your business.